To infinity and beyond!
Monday, January 14, 2008
Your Mom Goes to College
Yes, after 30-something years I am back in school working toward my degree. I have been planning this for months but haven't told many people because I didn't know if it would "take." The fun thing is I have two classes with my youngest child Elise who is a delight. And the good news is I am love love loving it! There is a ton of homework and it all is plenty challenging and intellectually stimulating. I am a bit self-conscious of my relatively advanced age but it doesn't stop me from commenting in class, although I am trying to do more listening so I can get the college vernacular down. (Sometimes I'm afraid I want to say things that to everyone else is obvious.) My hubby helps me with my Astronomy which is pretty "out there" for me in more ways than one. Suddenly we seem to be spending more time having conversations about post civil war history and literature, and the eliptical plane, than watching TV. Over the weekend Booker T. Washington was added to my personal list of heroes. It's a whole new world.
To infinity and beyond!
To infinity and beyond!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I am so proud of you Mom. You are an inspiration to me and I'm sure many others. I think you'll learn and appreciate more now than when you were younger. Keep up the good work!
HA! Everytime Jake uses that line now I get to say, "YES SHE DOES!" I'm proud of you for going back, and I know you'll do great. Keep your adventurous spirit up.
Hooray! I am so glad you are enjoying it already. Now, don't let us distract you from your studies when Jonny is bored. It's fun to hear about what you are learning when we visit.
way to go aunt jan! i think that is super and probably more fun now than when you were younger!
You are very dilegent about your homework--Well done You!
Post a Comment