Thursday, January 3, 2008

Books Janice Read in 2007













Six plays, Euripides
Treasure Island, Stephenson
The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, Twain
The Royal Road to Romance,
Halliburton
The Diary of a Young Girl, Anne Frank
The Great Gatsby, Fitzgerald
Light in August, Faulkner

Wise Blood
The Violent Bear It Away

Everything That Rises Must Converge
A Good Man is Hard to Find
Mystery and Manners
The Habit of Being
Spiritual Writings
The Complete Stories
, all by Flannery O'Connor

Great Short Works
, Henry James
Heart of Darkness and The Secret Sharer, Joseph Conrad
The Dark Tower and Other Stories, Lewis
Mrs. Mike
, Freedmans
A Separate Peace, Knowles
Peg O' My Heart, Manners
The Histories, Herodotus
The Language Police, Ravitch
The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down, Fadiman
The Trial and Metamorphosis,
Kafka
King Lear, Shakespeare
A Canticle for Leibowitz
, Miller
Travels with Charley, Steinbeck
Robinson Crusoe, Defoe
The Moonstone, Collins
Pilgrim's Progress, Bunyan
The P.I.G. Guide to Women, Sex, and Feminism, Kantor
Humility
and Absolute Surrender, Murray (audio)
Out From Under, Stefanowicz
Miss Potter,
Maltby
The Book of Mormon, D&C,
and New Testament (audio)
Anna Karenina, Tolstoy

What a feast!


3 comments:

scott said...

Wonderful! When did you do your housework? I admire your selections. Many of them I would have trouble staying with to the end. Unless a book interests me I have trouble reading it even though it may be edifying, educational, instructive etc. Steve's list is great also. He takes advantage of opportunites to listen while driving. I rely on XM Satellite radio. You are a couple of inquiring minds constantly improving....congratulations.

melody said...

Great list! Congrats on finishing the last one. Someday I hope to say I am as well-read as my parents...someday!

Cami said...

Wow! That's pretty good Mom. A lovely array. We really need to get going on Classics Club stuff. I only saw like 2 Greek things in that whole list!!