I talk more to myself than to the others at mealtimes, which is to be recommended for two reasons. Firstly, because everyone is happpy if I don't chatter the whole time, and secondly, I needn't get annoyed about other people's opinions. I don't think my opinions are stupid and the others do; so it is better to keep them to myself. I do just the same if I have to eat something that I simply can't stand. I put my plate in front of me, pretend that it is something delicious, look at it as little as possible, and before I know where I am, it is gone. When I get up in the morni
ng, also a very unpleasant process, I jump out of bed thinking to myself, "You'll be back in a second," go to the window, take down the blackout, sniff at the crack of the window until I feel a bit of fresh air, and I'm awake. The bed is turned down [made] as quickly as possible and then the temptation is removed. Do you know what Mummy calls this sort of thing? "The Art of Living" -- that's an odd expression.It seems to me Anne Frank grew up a great deal under these circumstances, where others would just complained and been miserable. I have a lot to learn about this art.
5 comments:
It is amazing what people had to go through just to survive and how much we take for granted. I should keep her book displayed on my shelves so that I am reminded daily about my abundance and freedom.
I've got to read that again for sure. I love those quotes. I need to work on the art of living too.
You are very good at the art of living. See my blog.
Amazing quote. I really need to read that book. I was in 5th grade the last time i read it. Thank you for your blog.
Actually, that last one was Jonny. I don't believe I would be so impertinent.
Why can't we all be as positive as she was without going through such a horrible experience. I wish I could be so brave. I need to make my living more artistic.
Post a Comment