Steve is still reading via librivox.org. Here is another bunch of books he's "read."
Common Sense by Thomas Paine Walden by Thoreau Treasure Island by RLS The Riot Act (a British law) An International Episode by Henry James Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift Intro to Einsteins's Theory of Relativity
Yeah! Lemme tellya, it's pretty fun making it through these books while driving in the car or mowing the lawn or walking or bike riding. They are all mp3 files. Generally 1 chapter per file. I download 10-ish at a time and listen up. Then go for more. It is amazing what these writers have put into those books. I would say you must read Robinson Cr., Gulliver's Travels, Common Sense, An International Episode, The Story of My Life (Keller), and Uncle Tom's Cabin. That's almost all of the, huh? Oh, well, I recommend them all, then. Happy "reading".
Sweet--I just finished Speaker for the Dead, but I think it was abridged which is a bummer. Still fun though. My total for July is 4 real books and 2 audio. Can you berieve it?
Yes, Jeeves stories, by P.G. Wodehouse are definitely in the www.librivox.org catalog. I just read The Communist Manifesto, the Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death speech by Patrick Henry, and the amazing Abraham Lincoln speech given in 1860 at the Cooper Union (you will soon see an excerpt from it on the website.)
GO dad! I remember when we read tennis shoes among the Nephites together on the way to swim team. Such bonding moments we had indeed. man, think of all the great literature you are being exposed to. It is such a grand idea.
7 comments:
Yeah! Lemme tellya, it's pretty fun making it through these books while driving in the car or mowing the lawn or walking or bike riding. They are all mp3 files. Generally 1 chapter per file. I download 10-ish at a time and listen up. Then go for more. It is amazing what these writers have put into those books. I would say you must read Robinson Cr., Gulliver's Travels, Common Sense, An International Episode, The Story of My Life (Keller), and Uncle Tom's Cabin. That's almost all of the, huh? Oh, well, I recommend them all, then. Happy "reading".
I am gonna try that. I could use some listening material. This is great.
Wow is right! That is some serious listening. Is he only doing classics? Can he try some fluffy stuff from the library? Also, are Jeeves on there??
I have some Jeeves, though not from librivox.
Nice work dad. Good times.
Sweet--I just finished Speaker for the Dead, but I think it was abridged which is a bummer. Still fun though. My total for July is 4 real books and 2 audio. Can you berieve it?
Yes, Jeeves stories, by P.G. Wodehouse are definitely in the www.librivox.org catalog. I just read The Communist Manifesto, the Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death speech by Patrick Henry, and the amazing Abraham Lincoln speech given in 1860 at the Cooper Union (you will soon see an excerpt from it on the website.)
GO dad! I remember when we read tennis shoes among the Nephites together on the way to swim team. Such bonding moments we had indeed. man, think of all the great literature you are being exposed to. It is such a grand idea.
Post a Comment