This past weekend Steve, Elise,and I drove to the Bay Area where I was born and spent most of my growing up years. Here is a slide show (thanks to Melody) of the house in Piedmont where I lived from when I was 6 to 19 except when we lived on Guam for two of those years. The weather was absolutely gorgeous, the old street was beautiful, and the house so dolled up. A lady strolled by and chatted, offering a lot of interesting info about the house, owners, and neighbors. Then we rode our bikes to pretty shady Dracena Park down the street where I used to ride my bike as a kid, up to my elementary school, junior high, and high school, the tennis courts and pool, and around to see old friends' houses. It was a lovely day. I suppose when you have a happy childhood, its places are forever cast in a magical glow.
We also went to the Oakland Temple Pageant which I participated in as a youth. Lili's boyfriend Jeff was in it. I loved singing along with the wonderful songs, of which I remembered every word. The temple grounds were beautiful, especially this time of year. This is where I went to primary, church, dances, plays, etc. all the years I lived in Piedmont, because the chapel is on the grounds. Can you spot me on two of the far-away temple shots? There is a walkway up and around the outside of the temple structure itself with a fantastic view.
Perhaps the most spectacular thing we did was ride our bikes across the Golden Gate Bridge, which thing I had never done. It was a 15-mile round trip with plenty of hills, quite breezy, and lots of bikers and pedestrians to maneuver around on the 2-mile-long bridge itself. Afterwards we sat on the water's edge and ate fresh cracked crab, clam chowder, shrimp sandwich and the famous sourdough bread. San Francisco is still the very pretty city I remember. (Steve put captions on this mini slide show!)
We also went to the Oakland Temple Pageant which I participated in as a youth. Lili's boyfriend Jeff was in it. I loved singing along with the wonderful songs, of which I remembered every word. The temple grounds were beautiful, especially this time of year. This is where I went to primary, church, dances, plays, etc. all the years I lived in Piedmont, because the chapel is on the grounds. Can you spot me on two of the far-away temple shots? There is a walkway up and around the outside of the temple structure itself with a fantastic view.
Perhaps the most spectacular thing we did was ride our bikes across the Golden Gate Bridge, which thing I had never done. It was a 15-mile round trip with plenty of hills, quite breezy, and lots of bikers and pedestrians to maneuver around on the 2-mile-long bridge itself. Afterwards we sat on the water's edge and ate fresh cracked crab, clam chowder, shrimp sandwich and the famous sourdough bread. San Francisco is still the very pretty city I remember. (Steve put captions on this mini slide show!)
6 comments:
Wow, you guys sure are adventuresome. I love the GGB pictures. It looks like such a beautiful day too. I wish I could've gone with you to the lovely Piedmont. It's the kind of place I want to end up someday. Thanks for the slide shows.
WooooYA! You guys sure did a lot. Great job on the slide shows. They are beautiful. I think your hair looks great mom! Give it some more time.
oh - i love the Bay area- and I really really love that Piedmont house. We got to see the inside when I was like 12 and I still remember it!
That looks like so much fun. The temple grounds are beautiful. What a place to ride bikes, along the water and the bridge. I guess I didn't realize that the sides were big enough to ride along. Jealous...Oh ya, awesome slideshows!
Those are beautiful pics! They make me homesick. I love Piedmont and that house is so cute. There is just something about the Bay area....it's an amazing place. I wish someday to afford to live there.
-cortnie
Way to document a very fun-looking trip. You two are slide-show pros by now. Great!
Post a Comment