tever color my hair actually is. I think it is better to have oldish hair and a youngish face than an oldish face and youngish hair. It's actually growing in quite white and streaky, which is a nice surprise. I love my mom's and Aunt Fae's hair. I hope I don't scare everybody too much with two-tone hair as the gray takes over -- I sure scare myself! It will take some getting used to. (But doesn't Meryl Streep look great?)
Thursday, July 12, 2007
I Gotta Be Me
My hair started going gray in my thirties when I had kids in elementary school. I began to notice it when I had twins -- I was 30. I thought maybe the stress brought it on, like it did Jean Val Jean. No fair! Alas, premature graying is a family trait. It was just too soon for me, and even though I hated the idea of coloring it, I started to color it as close to my real color as possible. This was an embarrassing trial of errors that lasted for, I don't know, maybe 10 or 15 years. What a pain. I just wanted it to look natural. Since I've been swimming in the last several months the chlorine has been hard on my hair and so is the coloring, so something had to go. One crazy day I decided to let the color grow out and just see if I can live with wha
tever color my hair actually is. I think it is better to have oldish hair and a youngish face than an oldish face and youngish hair. It's actually growing in quite white and streaky, which is a nice surprise. I love my mom's and Aunt Fae's hair. I hope I don't scare everybody too much with two-tone hair as the gray takes over -- I sure scare myself! It will take some getting used to. (But doesn't Meryl Streep look great?)
tever color my hair actually is. I think it is better to have oldish hair and a youngish face than an oldish face and youngish hair. It's actually growing in quite white and streaky, which is a nice surprise. I love my mom's and Aunt Fae's hair. I hope I don't scare everybody too much with two-tone hair as the gray takes over -- I sure scare myself! It will take some getting used to. (But doesn't Meryl Streep look great?)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I love the natural! I hope mine goes pretty colors as well.
Yeah, go for it!!!
Way to simplify! I think it looks great!
Post a Comment