I am doing a lot of new things lately to sort of balance out my life and fill in the cracks of my empty nest. Six months ago Cami, Mom, and I started our little Classics Club. Then, on my last visit to Maryland, Cami inspired me to join her online bookgroup and took me to her gym which (with a little encouragement from Lili) caused me and Stephen to join the local Gold's Gym. Plus I am helping at Amber's fantastic preschool one morning a week. And now blogging! These new activities have been challenging and enlightening and fun. I'm reminded of Robert Louis Stephenson's "Happy Thought:"
The world is so full of a number of things,

I'm sure we should all be as happy as kings.
Next time I'll write a little about each of my activites. First, I have to get Cami to help me post pictures or this will be too boring.
(Later) I did it! Thanks, Cami!
6 comments:
It might be easier if Lili helps you with picture posting since she would be right there with you. I like the look of the blog. It's true that I never wrote anything before, except in my journal. Who doesn't like to write about themselves? I really look forward to what poeple write everyday. KC and I use it as our dinner entertainment sometimes.
Sadly, for the past few years, the weblog is the most writing I've done. Emilys in-passing question rang true to me. Who doesn't want to write about themselves? I guess I quit wanting to! I should start wanting to again.
Oh yeah, and three cheers for moms new weblog!
Hip Hip...
Hip Hip...
Hip Hip...
Mom, we got all tetchnological on the same day! Also, this is the most writing I've probably ever done except in college. Maybe it can serve as a journal of sorts. At first I wondered if this form of communication is a little anti-social, but I decided that I wouldn't get to see or hear from everyone half as much, so maybe it is making us more social! I love seeing pics. of everyone and hearing about their thoughts and lives.
Yes, I've totally given up on writing in my journal, and this totally keeps me up to date on the events and goings-on in my house. I do it more for me than for the people who read it. Now, how to print it out . . .
Time to start reading the excellent blogs of others, such as yours. You say you have discoved Faulkner? He is one author I just cannot read. Seems to me he uses too much description - thousands of words not really relevant to the story.
I have been so wrapped up in my blog and adding to it, and enjoying the comments (40 to date) that I have not perused others blogs as I should. Will try to do better in the future.
Post a Comment