Saturday, January 27, 2007

It's a jungle gym out there!

This week I went to the gym 4 times which seems about right. Today Stephen and I went together and he met his client buddies he has been "lifting" with. These big guys (one looks like the Incredible Hulk and the other two are 6'7'', and 6'9") called me Wonder Woman. They're nice -- I imagine they know I can't lift most of those weights on even the lowest setting! I'm more into aerobics. I run, bike, and swim, in that order, 1/2 hour each. If there's a good movie playing in the Cardio Cinema room, I do my running in there and the time goes fast. If it's not a good movie or if it's one I've just seen, I run in the main area and listen to my IPOD or watch TVnews. Then I read while I'm biking which is fun. I really look forward to the swim when I

rest my mind and glide through the lukewarm water. Since my shoulder is still goofy I only do back and breast stroke. But I can see an improvement already and will gradually don the goggles and do some free syle.

I noticed right away there are some fashion plates frequenting the gym and that I am not one of them. In fact, I never see a drop of sweat on any other woman, while I'm drenched -- and that's before I get in the pool! I always come out of the gym red-faced with straggly wet hair. And lots of endorphins.

5 comments:

melody said...

I'm sure you look healthy and great after working out. Straggly hair is a true sign of good exercise. One of the smells of my childhood is sweat after your 5 mile runs - this is a good memory!

Lili and Jeff said...

Good for you for going to the gym for the right reasons, mom. You are getting a genuine work out. I am happy I talked you into joining the gym, you are totally getting your money's worth.

Cami said...

I wish WE had a Cardio Cinema room! But hey, those fashion plates are why I like the Women's Gym to hang out in--no girls trying to show off. Just us fatties.

Unknown said...

It's fun working out at the gym with the guys when mom is there, because they all make good comments about me when she walks by on the way to the pool. Then they all make comments about her being "wonder woman" and all, because she runs for 30 min, then bikes (reading all the while, which is SO amazing to them) for 30 min, then swims for 30 min (they look in the pool and wonder out loud how she can keep swimming for that long without stopping). The guys all think she should compete in the iron man.

Unknown said...

I guess we have Lili to thank for us joining up at the gym. So, thanks, Lililililili(got stuck on the keys).