
It is so cold outside -- in the single digits! I spent practically all morning on the nook discussing Treasure Island and made granola -- those seemed like cozy, wintry things to do. Here is the recipe for the granola. Yummy as cereal , also as snack or ice cream topper.
3 1/2 oats
1 cup chopped nuts (I used almonds)
1 cup honey
1 cup wheat germ or sesame seeds (I used the ss)
1/4 cup oil
1/2 t salt
1 t cinnamon
Mix, spread on cookie sheet, and bake @ 350 for 30 min.
Break up. Add 3 cups (or whatever) dried fruit. Store in air tight container.
I used raisins and craisins and am drying some bananas to add.
3 comments:
looks good- maybe I'll have to make some- it is windy and sunny here-temps. in the 40's. It looks like you could go out there and then it is really freezing (at least for AZ it is). sharla
I wish I could have some right now. I love to bake on cold days. Good choice. It finally got cold hear. Yesterday it was 65 degrees at dinner time. Crazy. Today it more breezy and coat worthy.
Mom this was some of your best granola yet-delish!
Post a Comment