"What do you dream about?" asks the doctor.
"One night I dream about a teepee," says the man, "and the next night I dream about a wigwam."
"That's easy," says the doctor. "You're two tents."
Ha- ha, one of my favorite jokes. I tell it because I like to make unusual salads that Todd, my oldest son-in-law, calls them not "too tense" but "INtense" and that reminded me of the joke. He says that in a nice way I think because he does eat my salads. Yesterday when Melody and her new baby were over and Steve was home for lunch I invented a really intense salad with the things I had in the house. Here it is:
romaine lettuce and some fresh spinach

diced fresh mango
cooked beef strips from Costco that you heat in the microwave
some leftover rice
sliced banana
toss all with raspberry vinagarette
raisins and crumbled bacon on top
I made huge portions and we ate it all! Can you believe the bananas? (This picture is not my salad. Some day I'll start taking photos!) Here's the salad I made today:
same lettuces
banana pepper rings
toss with ranch dressing
top with hot diced pizza
Anybody want to name my salads?
6 comments:
Yumm-O! As Rachael Ray annoyingly says. Well. I'd like to try that salad when I'm there in a few days if you don't mind. KC appreciates a good hearty salad too (that was a pun, not a homonym mistake). Now that summer is here, bring them on.
Oh yeah, that salad was delicious. And funny thing, the bananas made it! Thanks for all the meals Mom. I'm sure I'll be over to try another intense salad soon!
Oh, that last one was Melody.
Nice. Except the bananas. The pizza one sounds awesome. I've done that myself before. I miss mommy salads. Please send some in the mail.
We love your salads! We get sick of the same old thing. We need a little spicing up. Sometimes I go all crazy and put a cucumber, peas, cheese, whatever I have around and it is a big hit. The lazyness sets in most of the time and the salad is a afterthought. I love it when the salad is the whole dinner. Yummy summer foods! Let's do have those salads when Emily is here!
Yeah, baby. Those salads are good. And filling. And nutritious.
Post a Comment