We had fun over the weekend playing games with Melody and Jonny. The only problem was Didi won practically everything! She is soooo good at our new favorite Wackee Six which my sister Cathy introduced us to. It's like her hand is a bolt of lightning! We all got tired of her winning Wackee Six so easily so we tried playing an old favorite, Rummicub. And she won that too! As for Jonny, he had a few wins and was always a close second in the midst of Didi's landslides so we didn't feel sorry for him at all. The next day, Melody and Jonny, probably overcome by guilt, brought a new word/card game over called Quiddle (or something like that) which Dad (Steve) won. And then we played Boggle which I won. Finally.

Through it all, nobody wanted to play what
I wanted to play. . .
6 comments:
Once, here in Maryland, Melody and I were playing a game of speed. She was so relieved after she had won, she let out altogether, as if releasing a long held breath, "Oh man! My heart is beating so fast! I thought I was going to lose!" I calmly looked at her as if I didn't care, slowly picked up my ice water to drink and immediately without hardly thinking threw the water directly in her face. I didn't plan it at all. It was great. Sometimes, it pays to not win all the time. I think what drove me to do such a cruel thing was that she so clearly, by her choice of words, never expected to lose. I recall a story, of the girl who loved to win. I got water in the face too. You can't win with that girl playing.
Wow, you beat dad in boggle? Pretty good. Melody is REALLY competative. Sheesh! Jake loves it.
Okay, okay. Everyone just calm down. Just because I happen to have a certain knack for games that require an element of speed doesn't mean no one should play with me! I am sorry to all of you who I have beaten in the distant and not-so-distant past. It is true, winning is exhilarating. But I must stick up for myself in one point: Have any of you ever seen me pout over losing? I may be a "girl who loves to win," but I don't mind losing either. I just love to play! Thanks for putting up with me! Mom, we WILL play scrabble next time. You will leave us in the dust, I am sure!
Ok ok. True, Melody is insanely good at those speed-type games. She does LOVE to win. I truly feel bad for the girl. She is so good that it is difficult for anyone playing with her. And she is too considerate not to "let" you win. Man, Melody, it has to be so hard being so good.
Mel, I'll play with you. But I'll pout. I like to.
I will have you all know that I beat Melody the other night and then Jonny won the next time! It is true that her tummy is in the way and she can't reach the piles, but we will take advantage of her tired and larger state and win while we can! By the way, I love having a family who can get along and have fun together!!! That also includes the ones afar!
Post a Comment