Cami tagged me to write about the contents of my purse. I guess it might tell something about a person's life. I always think of the movie One Fine Day. Remember how she improvised super hero costumes for the kids from the stuff in there? So funny.
Well, I love the purse Emily picked out for me in Maryland last time I was there. It's a neutral sort of green, has lots of pockets, and is just the right size for everything plus my journal. Since I've been going to school I've been using that only on Sundays. At school I have to lug around a big bag for books so I've adopted a handy little nondescript shoulder bag for personal items which I can stuff a few more things in at other times. (I see this is a lot of fallderall. Maybe I should just do the One Fine Day bag and carry everything with me all the time!) Anyway, here's what's in my little bag today which is a nonschool, nonSunday day.
Phone and hands free device
glasses and case
small stuffed wallet
half gone Butter Rum lifesavers
East of Eden (reading for American Lit class)
dentist appointment card
Zone bar wrapper
small make-up bag with bare necessities
really small water bottle
chapstick
a few tissues
pen
Altoids Wintergreen tin (including a few dusty Ibruprofin)
I know, it's all about me. Your purse changes a lot when you don't have little kids anymore.
Monday, February 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hey, I hardly had anything for my kids. I think you have as much as me in yours minus snacks. Except I forgot to do one pocket with my lipstick and chapstick and whatnot!
I want a picture of the purse and contents pronto. It is a very cute purse if I do say so myself. You should've added that I MADE you buy the purse despite your unsureness. I'm actually a little jealous of it.
I love it! The contents of one's purse can tell you a lot about a person. I am always decluttering mine, rotating toys, reorganizing, etc. Having a good purse is one of the best things. I'm glad you found a good one that day at Ross!
So true that your purse changes. Long past are the days of toys and diapers for us. Ally brings her own purse of junk now so my purse is generally my own personal sutff! A little bit sad, but a little bit nice too.
Post a Comment