The cutest nicest thing happened in my horribly anti-American, my-way-or-the-highway, American "history" class today. A student brought his guitar and sang us all an original song. I guess he told the teacher he had written it and of course the teacher said to perform it for us all. So he got up in front and sang this really funny but true song about our class. I wish I had the exact words. He got really loud and then really soft in different places. It went something like, "We sit in our history class and hear Professor Blomquist talk and talk and talk about the past. The past is important but sometimes we don't understand. And sometimes we don't agree with Prof. B. because we have our oooowwwwn oppiiinnninions." Etc. So everyone was laughing their heads off, even the teacher. I thought it was a wonderful way to blow off some steam. The teacher thought it was great to have a song written about himself and asked if he could get a copy on a CD so his wife could hear it. When the student came over toward my desk to put his guitar away I said, "Thanks, I think we needed that." He answered, quietly, "I thought we did."What a gem!
3 comments:
How refreshing! Looks like you are not alone.
I love it! Is this the poetry kid? What a great memory you will always have when you look back on your college days. Maybe you could ask him for the lyrics??
That is so cute and what a brave kid!
Post a Comment