Monday, December 10, 2007
Ears to Hear
In this techo world it seems our ears are often busy. My husband just walked in the door from work and I explained to him I was on the hands free phone with Cami, and he quipped, "I'm on with the Lord." He is actually listening to "Absolute Surrender" by Andrew Murray (1828-1917). Murray was a British minister who wrote over 240 books. That's an awful lot. I have been listening to one he wrote called "Humility" which is an indescribably gorgeous (I can't think of a better word!) piece of writing. Stephen got these at www.librivox.org which offers audio readings of literature in the public domain. He sometimes puts them on CDs and then we listen as we fall asleep and as we wake up through our tiny speakers under our pillows. If we don't want to listen we just move our heads a tiny bit. I just leave it on all the time. This is how we listen to the scriptures, too. I often wake up in the night and listen some more until I fall back to sleep. Deluxe!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Yeah, I love those books on mp3. And by putting them on CD I can share with you the things I like, just like you read things to me as you are going through your books. Love that listening to stuff in the night.
I just wanted to let you know that I think your newest granddaughter looks a little like you!
How wonderful that you are adapting to today's technology. Books on CD and MP3 are the best. I would die with out my brilliant ipod, which I use probably most of the day.
You guys are so high-tech. I don't know about your speaker things, but hey, I'm glad it works for you. I fall asleep while listening to the scriptures on the computer most of the time, but Jake does turn it off.
That sounds like the kind of book Julia and I should listen to next! I think perhaps I should invest in some pillow speakers. Lately I have been having trouble falling asleep after waking up to feed Julia at 4. (However, for two nights this week she has been content with a reinsertion of her binky instead of eating. Here's hoping this becomes a habit!)
I love your little speakers. And now, Dad has provided such fun thins for my kids!
Post a Comment