
I am working many hours a day writing a serious book for 12 and up with an elephant metaphor. My chapter 8 seemed to need to begin with elephant jokes. (Or course they may get edited out but this is what is called a very bad first draft, there's no other kind.You just have to write something, anything, everything.) So I googled elephant jokes. It took me back to my childhood. Elephant jokes came into popularity in the early 1960s, when I was 8 or so. We were always telling them and making up new ones. They were huge! (pun intended) Enjoy these with the kids.

Q: Q: What time is it when an elephant sits on your fence?
A: Time to get a new fence.
Q: How do you know an elephant is in the bathtub with you?
A: By the smell of peanuts on his breath.
Q: Who weighs 6,000 pounds and wears glass slippers?
A. Cinderelephant.
Q: How do elephants communicate?
A: On the elephone. (I would update this to “on the cellephone!” Ha ha!)
Q: What time is it when ten elephants are chasing you?
A. Ten to one!
5 comments:
har-dy-har har. Very punny. Jeffy will laugh his guts out. Cute avatar moving around.
You are so silly! I love the moving picture--very exciting and tetchnologically advanced!
These jokes seem right up your alley. I can just hear your laughter as I read them. I did chuckle a little myself.
Who ever gets tired of hearing elephant jokes? Don't let Cami veto them!
Those jokes first appeared on the scene when I was in 6th grade, 1962. I bought the arrow book of "101 Elephant Jokes" from the book orders. I have been quoting them and laughing about their corny-ness ever since. Here's one:
How do you know if an elephant's in your fridge? You can see his footprints in the jello.
Post a Comment