When we can't, we have to accept that there are options. And help is available. It doesn't mean we're excused. It means we have to be more patient and have more faith and press forward searching out all available resources. And we can learn humility. I like what G.K. Chesterton said about humility:
Humility is the thing that is forever renewing the earth and stars. It is humility, and not duty, which reserves the stars from wrong, from the unpardonable wrong of casual resignation; it is through humility that the most ancient heavens for us are fresh and strong.

And:
Whereas it had been supposed that the fullest possible enjoyment is to be found by extending our ego to infinity, the truth is that the fullest possible enjoyment is to be found by reducing our ego to zero.
And T.S. Elliot said humility is endless. I think it's as big as the universe. We all have a ways to go.
3 comments:
You love that Chesterton dude! So, I think you will be just fine, and that the math was NOT wasted. You are doing great.
Very interesting... Sometimes we just can't, at least not by ourselves. And it takes some humility to realize it and move on.
Of course, I know your math skillz are more than you allow credit for.
Good for you. Keep going.
Post a Comment