I have not been blogging. This is mostly because I am doing math. I am taking a summer on line and lab course that is supposed to get me all up to snuff so I can test into a LOW math class for fall. (Yes, that's the degree of my ignorance.) I have to get through 16 chapters. I am just starting ch. 10 and I am on schedule due to a lot of work. It's practically all new to me. I think I was asleep for my 12 years of formal schooling, mathwise. Anyway, it is very challenging. I am thinking in all new ways, ways I have always avoided. Sometimes I want to curl up and cry and quit. But somehow I keep going. I don't know if I'll pass this thing. I've done fine on all the chapter tests so far but I'm afraid I won't remember all these millions of insane rules and properties and things when I take the comprehensive diagnostic test. I will admit it is kind of neat finally beginning to understand concepts that have always escaped me. But it is taking me many many hours. Sorry to everyone for being so preoccupied. This seems to be taking everything I've got.A friend of mine is all done with school except for math. She is seeing a psychiatrist who helps people with their math phobias. She recommended him to me.
Go figure.
7 comments:
Good luck mom, I'm sure you'll do better than you think! It's hard to pick it all up after years off!
Mom, you are doing so well! And don't worry about being preoccupied. We are all proud of you and think it is so cool that you "say things like 5x+7..."
I know this is hard for you. I think we are a lot alike. I would be terrified to be tested on all that stuff again. But you are more than half-way there and I know you can do it. You can always call when you need a break.
Mom, you are doing great. YOu always doubt your skills, but then end up getting 100% on everything. I am quite scared myself to take such a math test.
Jan, I am sure you can do math fine- -I loved reading that because you are great writer! Hang in there- I hated math in college- and even got lucky and did not have to take many classes- that I should have taken- but I would have failed. I feel your pain and I hope it goes well for you! good luck!
Ugh, math is the bane of my existence (sorry, Dad). I'm much more like you in the right-brained department. But you are persistent and intelligent, I'm sure you will get through this. Maybe with some scars, but you will know things you never knew before. Keep it up, and don't give up!
I was lucky to get through undergrad school without taking one single math class, but I get the feeling grad school won't be the same. Or maybe it will.
You are doing such a great job. Your persistance will get you through. If you can make it through that wirdo English class you can make it through this. It's just a different kind of hard!
Post a Comment