Sunday, September 30, 2007

Pedal Pushing

Husband Steve and I bought some good touring bikes about 3 years ago. We began by riding around where we live which has some great routes and trails we continue to enjoy. But we found we liked biking so much that we began to dream about seeing as much of the country as we could on them. Our kids gave us a nice bike rack for the car for Christmas that same year we got our bikes and we started doing a little research to see where we could go. We started taking pictures to chronicle our adventures. A lot of times we combine our bike rides with family visits and business trips. I have to thank Stephen for keeping our bikes well-equipped and in good repair and arranging all the travel. I'm just along for the ride! Here is a brief photo history of our bike trips so far. The third photo is on our own street in Pleasant Grove. The others are taken in Great Basin Nat. Park, Aunt Fae's at Zion Nat. Park, Provo Canyon, Golden Gate Bridge, Logan, Utah at my folks', Henry Cowell Redwoods State Park in CA. Not shown are rides we took in Piedmont, Anaheim (Santa Anna River Trail), and Bear Lake.

5 comments:

Cami said...

Awesome. I should ride bikes too. They just sit outside. So, I guess I need to teach you how to change the date of your post to show first!

Lili and Jeff said...

You guys are the coolest with your bikes! I am so glad you are putting that rack to good use! It was so fun when we went to CA and you got to ride around your home town! And dad DOES take very good care of those bikes! And gets free slime as well! Tis awesome!

melody said...

I love your photo documentation of your rides. Jonny and I still talk of the great time we had riding on the Provo River Trail with you guys last summer. Maybe someday we will get some bikes, a trailer for Julie, and we can all ride together again! Until then, we hope you two continue to have many wonderful rides at home and abroad. Great pics.

Matt said...

Wow mom. So many great pictures and adventures. You two have to try that Katy trail in Missouri. A retired train track, it makes for a nice flat, and very scenic ride. Through some awesome train tunnels and over some cool bridges. With little bed and breakfasts and points of interest along the way. Seems like a perfect fall time getaway. (http://www.bikekatytrail.com/).

xo, Matt

Amber said...

You guys are quite the bike riders. I didn't realize how many places you have trapsed those bikes. You are getting great use out of the bike rack!