I made a new year's resolution to read a book a week. Yike! That's a lot for me. But I have so many books I want to read (and reread), stacks of them are falling over beside my bed. I am doing pretty well so far. If I read thick or heavy one, I try to read a thin or lighter one next and vice versa. I'm also finishing up some I had started. Here's my 10 conquests so far with 1-3 word comments:
Absolute Surrender by Andrew Murray (perfect truth)
A Collection of Essays by George Orwell (excellent and quotable)
Wild Swans by Jung Chang (Communism is insane)
Lord Jim by Joseph Conrad (a glorious masterpiece)
The Lovely Bones by Anne Seibold (a waste of time)
Selected Poems by Emily Dickinson (part brilliant)
Narrative on the Life of Frederick Douglass (free at last)
A Lantern in Her Hand by Bess Streeter Aldrich (8th grade fave)
Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neal Hurston (I'm awed/speechless)
God and the American Writer by Alfred Kazin (learned about authors)
Onward!
Monday, February 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You read, I learn from you. You inspire me. So, I'm reading Wild Swans. Ok, it's been a week, and I just finished the introduction. I should finish about Easter 2011.
Your list is great. Can't wait to see what comes next. And next . . .
As Spanky says...MWWOOOWW. A book a week sounds right up your alley. I love the 2 word review too.
Ooh, I like the brief but descriptive reviews too. Keep them coming. I will refer to your list when I am done with the stack I currently have on my nightstand. (Which may be Easter 2012 for me.)
YAY! Nice job. I've been averaging that lately, but sometimes I go a book a day, sometimes a book every three weeks. I'm glad you're getting some great ones in there!
Post a Comment